Thursday, September 18, 2008

Beckett's Story

For those of you who have not heard about Beckett's birth here is the story. He was born on July 23, 2008 at 10:11 pm. weighing in at 7 lbs. 10 oz. and 20 inches long. I went into labor about two hours before that but didn't realize I was in labor. We got to the hospital and the nurse informed me I was already dilated to a 10. I had Beckett 16 minutes after I walked in the door. I have to brag and say that I delivered naturally (not by choice) but it still counts!
Beckett was admitted to the neonatal intensive care unit a few minutes after he was born because the nurses were worried about his breathing and the stress of such a quick delivery. We discovered that he had three infections: Strep B, a bacterial infection in his blood, and menengitis. Things were really hard for the first few days but he recovered at an incredible rate. Beckett was in the NICU for 22 days and then we got to bring him home. Things have definitely calmed down but we are not allowed at church or shopping until March. I think I need to buy stock in hand sanitizer!

5 comments:

Amy said...

I am so glad you have a blog! Now I can see those cute boys and keep up with you! Your family is adorable! I am so glad all is going well with Beckett!

Nancy said...

yeah, Bri, keeping up with your family is hard sometimes. you have TWO kids?!? i'm way behind the times. but i'll keep up this way. Love ya, hon!

Talyn said...

I miss my boys and the Carter clan!! I can't even tell you how much I love you and how often I look at the picture of Coug and Beckett on the shelf by my bed. They make me so happy, and so does the thought of you. I love you Rielle! Keep blogging, baby! I want to hear all about everything!!

Nika, Travis, Ayda and Zander said...

I am glad he is home and things are looking up, sorry to hear about the scary start. Your boys are both so CUTE!

Lanes said...

Hi Carters! Grandma told me about your blog and I love it. I am so glad Beckett is doing better. I can't wait to see him in person! And blue steel is awesome!

Love ya, Elena and the Camp Clan