Friday, April 10, 2009

The Circus is in Town




The circus came to town last night. My children decided that last night was an appropriate time to do all the things they know are not allowed. I was on the phone when Beckett started screaming- for no apparent reason. At the same time Cougar was throwing Play Doh all over the kitchen (which I had just mopped). Beckett finger painted in his squash and sweet potatoes, I quickly maneuvered him out of his clothes and into the bathtub. While I was putting B in the bath Cougar was nicely painting at the bar with his finger paints. . . I should have known that he was too quiet. I got B out of the bath to find Coug covered in finger paints from head to toe. I was thrilled. (yeah right!) After B was dressed it was Coug's turn to take a bath. While I put Coug in the bath Beckett discovered that he could pull all of the moss out of my artificial tree in the family room. I quickly distracted him with something else. . . I don't even remember what.
Needless to say I was still on the phone, laughing my head off to my friend Haley, as she contemplated calling reinforcements for me. At least I can laugh about it!
When Brian got home he found all three of us lying on the family room floor in fits of giggles. The only way I could think of to keep them in one place and contained was to tickle them until there was nothing left to tickle.Life at our house is definitely NEVER boring.

We also bought a bike trailer for the kids and helmets. Cougar loves his! Take a look.

1 comment:

konnie said...

Brian gave me your blog address. Hope you don't mind. The circus, well that is pretty funny. I applaud you.