Friday, May 21, 2010

Today

Today has been a very interesting day. And when I say interesting I mean crazy! And when I say crazy I mean I contemplated selling my children for a while. Let's be honest. . . Some days are just hard. By 9:30 I had cleaned poop off of my entire kitchen floor, shaving cream off my bedspread, pillows and carpet, and ground in goldfish crackers from the carpets in both boys rooms.
I was in the middle of baking bread when I discovered the boys planning their next attack on my sanity. It involved lots of toilet paper and even more tooth paste. Luckily I found out about the conspiracy early enough to stop the ambush! Today was one of those days when I worried about getting in the shower for fear of what I would find when I got out and naptime gave no relief. I felt like I was constantly on guard for the next possible act of destruction.

So I have come to a couple of conclusions:
1) My boys are very smart
2) They are also very inventive and imaginative
3) They are a little bored

That means I need to find more things to occupy their minds so that they don't destroy my sanity and my house. So if anyone has ANY ideas for me on how to keep my boys busy, I'm all ears.

2 comments:

Nicole Camp said...

I'll remember to bring a new game when I come Thursday to tend! I'd hate to be part of their ambush and find myself tied to a chair....
YaYa

Shauna said...

I love your recent posting. Keep it up!!